A Special Town Meeting will be held beginning at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013 at the Grange Hall, 488 Town St., in East Haddam, CT to vote on fund transfers and to accept state grants.
Specifically, electors will be asked to vote on –
- the recommendation of the Board of Finance to approve a transfer in the amount of $234,549.99 from the General Fund to the Board of Education Capital Reserve Fund.
- the recommendation of the Board of Finance to approve a transfer in an amount not to exceed $50,000 from the Capital Non-Recurring Reserve Fund to the Fire Marshal Capital Improvement budget for the purpose of purchasing a vehicle for the Fire Marshal.
Voters also will be asked to approve resolutions for accepting these grants –
- $4,000 from the State of Connecticut, State Library, for the purpose of historic document preservation;
- $23,700 from the State of Connecticut Department of Transportation, entitled “FY 2013 Comprehensive DUI Enforcement Program for Municipalities”;
- $4,150 from the State of Connecticut, Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, entitled “FY 2011/2012 Emergency Management Performance Grant.”
Questions about these items should be directed to the First Selectmen’s office at 860-873-5020 during office hours.
Posted January 23, 2013; for specific budget lines affected by the proposed fund transfers, see the town web site.
Have a news item, event or Letter to the Editor you’d like posted on this news site? Simply send your information to email@example.com and include your town in the subject line of your email. Please also include a phone number where you can be reached if there are questions. For daily updates on local and Connecticut news, “like” us on Facebook at HTNP News. https://www.facebook.com/HTNPnews and find us on our NEW Twitter page at HTNP News (@HTNPNews )