Home » Local News » Currently Reading:

Selectmen invite input on proposed East Haddam bridge rehab

January 23, 2013 Local News 1 Comment
East Haddam First Selectman Mark B. Walter announced today (Jan. 23) that the Town of East Haddam, CT is contemplating a project to replace/rehabilitate the Johnsonville Road Bridge over the Moodus River.

East Haddam First Selectman Mark B. Walter announced today (Jan. 23) that the Town of East Haddam, CT is contemplating a project to replace/rehabilitate the Johnsonville Road Bridge over the Moodus River.

East Haddam First Selectman Mark B. Walter announced today (Jan. 23) that the Town of East Haddam, CT is contemplating a project to replace/rehabilitate the Johnsonville Road Bridge over the Moodus River.

The bridge replacement/ rehabilitation project would receive Federal funds under the Federal Local Bridge Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.

If undertaken, the project design is expected to begin in early 2013, with construction likely in 2014.

Walter notes that local and state policy encourages getting information to citizens on such projects and he encourages people to raise any concerns with municipal officials early in the planning process.

Questions about the project can be directed to First Selectman Mark B. Walter, 7 Main St./P.O. Box K, East Haddam, CT 06423 or call (860) 873-5020.

The cost of the bridge replacement/rehabilitation would be covered 80 percent via reimbursement from Federal aid; the remaining 20 percent would be paid from municipal funds.

[According to the CT Department of Transportation site, federal aid would total $1,340,526.]

Federal aid for the project was authorized under the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU) administered by the Federal Highway Administration and the Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT)

Posted January 23, 2013

Have a news item, event or Letter to the Editor you’d like posted on this news site? Simply send your information to editor@htnp.com and include your town in the subject line of your email. Please also include a phone number where you can be reached if there are questions. For daily updates on local and Connecticut news, “like” us on Facebook at HTNP News. https://www.facebook.com/HTNPnews and find us on our NEW  Twitter page at HTNP News (@HTNPNews )

Currently there is "1 comment" on this Article:

  1. Mona Bradway says:

    I pray to God that the photo that you posted in this article of the wooden covered bridge in Johnsonville is NOT the bridge that is being repaired/replaced?

Comment on this Article:







Powered by sweet Captcha

Sponsors

Hometowns History

Political Views

Mimi Perriotti – Democratic Candidate State Rep – 34th District

Mimi Perrotti is the Democratic Candidate for State Representative in the 34th District which encompasses East Haddam, East Hampton and parts of Colchester. 
Editor’s Note: Numerous phone calls to interview her for a candidate profile article have not been returned. Information about her can be found at mimiforthe34th.com.

Incumbent Melissa Ziobron Looking Forward to a Second Term

Melissa Ziobron

By Bette Tani – Editor/Reporter Candidate: 34th District – East Haddam, East Hampton and parts of Colchester Party Affiliation: Republican Age: 43 Marital Status: Married (20 years) with two children …

Have Coffee With Your State Rep

download

State Representative Melissa Ziobron (R-34) has announced she will be hosting two “Coffee with your Legislator” events during the month of October. One will be held in the Town of …

Ziobron Tests Blue-Green Algae Blooms in Lake Pocotopaug

East Hampton — Tuesday, September 23, State Rep. Melissa Ziobron toured Lake Pocotopaug in East Hampton with Dr. George Knoecklein who is a Limnologist, hired by the town to monitor …

Business

Town Seeking New Building Official

download

by Bette Tani – Editor/Reporter The Town of East Haddam is currently accepting applications for a new building official. According to their web site the position requires an individual with …

Enjoy Fall Foliage on the Connecticut River

Foliage

by Bette Tani – Editor/Reporter Catch the colors before they’re gone. Connecticut River Expeditions is offering fall foliage daytime cruises on the boat RiverQuest until Nov. 1. RiverQuest, which cruises …

Eddie’s Auto Body Shop, An Innovative Approach

Eddies&Ziobron

East Haddam residents that stumble upon Eddie’s Auto Body may think they are entering an ordinary auto body shop. The functional surroundings and down-to-earth staff seem to be requirements for …

Sponsors Directory

Archives