By Brenda Sullivan
The Ray of Light Farm, an animal rescue in East Haddam, CT has launched a “Keep the Light Shining” campaign in an attempt to continue operations in this town.
According to the release, “The campaign is attempting to raise a total of 1.5 million dollars for realty and endowment for the purposes of:
- securing the stability of the farm at its current location
- securing the financial health of the farm, so it can continue its animal rescue and community service missions.
Organizers also say, “We have an immediate need for raising at least half of that amount.”
They suggest you can help by
- Sharing this news with friends
- Including Ray of Light in your employer’s matching-funds options
- Notifying them of any foundations that might support their mission
- Making a donation (which is tax deductible)
Donations may be made in person at the farm, via mail or online through the rescue’s PayPal account at http://rayoflightfarm.org/donations.htm
Posted February 1, 2013
Have a news item, event or Letter to the Editor you’d like posted on this news site? Simply send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your town in the subject line of your email. Please also include a phone number where you can be reached if there are questions. For daily updates on local and Connecticut news, “like” us on Facebook at HTNP News. https://www.facebook.com/HTNPnews and find us on our NEW Twitter page at HTNP News (@HTNPNews )